10.6.08

Name That Blog!

First off, naming this blog was a bitch. Why are all the good names taken by idiots who choose not to blog, but just take up webspace? Shouldn't there be an agreement where your blog gets cancelled, and your name revoked and put back into the "Name your blog" bin where others can bask in the success of your blog when it was popular? Like AIMs screen name policy, blog names unused for some time should be recycled after 6-12 months, which AIM figures that was enough for people to forget who that bastard was since they haven't IMed anyone recently. I came upon naming my blog, stumbling upon blogs with the names that I wanted, and went ahead to check out their sites to make sure my concept wasn't already out there. I found a bunch of public diaries, and people who took some damn good blog names and have posted nothing in about 2 years. Thanks losers.

That ain't me. I won't be writing about my life, friends or how I broke my ankle or how lonely I am. I'll be writing about my observations and my somewhat half serious half comedic view on the daily grind of life. Yes, it's been done before. But the question is, can I do it? And with success?

I want to make others think, there is no way I am the only one who thinks this way. No darn way. I want conversations about what I write. I want to be read. I want to be googled. I will be candid, because the truth is you can't be in real life. The internet is the only place to (somewhat) safely express your real thoughts. I need to make sense of the things I see everyday, and if I gain one fan- one person who says "hmmm..." after reading my words, I'll be just fine.

No comments: